Start Your Pup
on the Right Paw
Puppy Hour is a FREE supervised puppy playtime and social hour at Central Bark® Broadview Heights. Puppy Hour is a ton of fun and it also provides a critical opportunity for puppies to get socialization during their “sensitive period” which is between 8 and 16 weeks of age. Socialization is a process of preparing your dog to enjoy interactions and be comfortable with other animals, people, places, and activities.
We invite you and your puppy to attend as many sessions as you would like until your pup reaches the age limit. Meet our staff, speak with our trainer and groomer, and check out our facility. At Central Bark, our mission is to nurture and enrich your dog’s life, and a great way to start your pup on the right paw is through puppy socialization!
During this puppy program, your pup will:
- Enjoy off-leash age-appropriate play with vaccinated puppies of similar ages
- Be supervised by an experienced caregiver to ensure all play is safe and appropriate
- Be introduced to new dogs, humans, toys, environments, and obstacles
- Be exposed to new and interesting obstacles to encourage age-appropriate socialization and exposure
- Help your dog build comfort and confidence in unfamiliar settings
- Positively affect your dog’s lifelong emotional development
- Expend your puppy’s excess energy
- Begin to learn important group play and social skills
- Establish a strong foundation for a healthy, happy, and socially appropriate dog
Rules & Requirements:
- Puppies age 8–16 weeks
- Preregistration is required
- Proof of up-to-date Bortadella and DHPP vaccines
- Parents and children are welcome to participate
- Observe CDC guidelines including social distancing and wearing masks
- Regular 6-foot flat leash (no retractable or flexi-leads in the lobby) and a quick-release collar. If your dog usually wears a harness, you’re welcome to bring that as well.