Central Bark Cares
At Central Bark®, it’s our mission to nurture, enrich, and inspire lives. Bringing whole health, happiness, and unconditional love to each dog, family, and community, we serve to create a happier, healthier, more loving, and peaceful world.
That’s why we’re dedicated to supporting our local Sheboygan community. For over 20 years, the Central Bark franchise system has supported local dog rescue, fostering, and adoption organizations and charities in cities throughout the country. We also provide community education through our Central Bark Bite Prevention School Program and responsible pet care and positive canine development. Central Bark Sheboygan is independently owned and operated. As small business owners ourselves, we’re committed to supporting independently owned small local businesses that bring us together and help our community thrive.
“It is in our DNA to give back to the community. Passion, compassion, respect, and integrity are our core values and guiding principles. Being active in our community is part of that.”Jackie Jordan & Chris Gaba, Co-founders of Barkley Ventures Franchising, LLC and the Central Bark franchise system
Central Bark in the Community
Sheboygan & Sheboygan Dog Resources
Sheboygan and Sheboygan area resources for pet parents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Central Bark Enrichment Doggy Day Care combines our industry-leading doggy day care expertise with the latest science-based activities and techniques. We personalize your dog’s day with fun, healthy, and well-balanced activities that appeal to their instincts and enrich their bodies, minds, and senses.
Each day at Central Bark® includes exclusive options like:
- Flexible play groups allow us to match your dog each day with the social atmosphere and play schedule they can enjoy and benefit from most. This helps give them a healthy balance of play, rest, and learning and creates a safer social environment with a better quality of play. And our lower dog-to-staff ratios offer more individual attention, education, and love.
- Group play skills help dogs practice important behaviors and life skills like name recall, group sit, and calmly going in and out of doors and gates. These activities are fun and rewarding for your dog and help improve behavior and impulse control, prevent overstimulation, and creates a safer social environment.
- Rest Period Enrichments help dogs relax and recharge in their own private space with calming interactive toys and healthy food pairings tailored to their preferences and diet. It promotes physical and mental relaxation and can help them become more comfortable in crates by building positive associations.
- One-on-One Enrichment add-on sessions give your dog the personal attention they love, supplemented with interactive toys, puzzles, and games. Sessions are fun and rewarding, exercise their body and mind, and engage their senses. Add complexity with fitness and agility equipment.
- Training sessions during day care visits help your dog develop essential skills and behaviors like name recall, sit, stay, down, wait, leave-it, door and gate control, and loose-leash walking. Excellent for your dog and easy for you! Your dog will come home tired and well-socialized, with the training and skills they need to be a well-behaved member of your family.
Learn more about Enrichment Doggy Day Care
Choosing the right dog shampoo can give your dog a shiny coat, less itching, and irritation, for a happy, clean-smelling dog. The best option for your dog will depend on its skin type and breed.
Every item in our Central Bark® Market is specially selected to enhance your dog’s physical health for maximum happiness and comfort. We can help you choose from our selection of high-quality dog shampoo food to develop and maintain healthy skin and coat.
Call (920) 457-9663 or visit our Market today!
Our Stay-n-Play program offers boarding for dogs that have not enrolled in our day care program. Each overnight guest gets a restful night’s sleep, followed by a day of play, exercise, and plenty of TLC from our staff. Stay-n-Play guests sleep and play in their own designated areas.
Learn more about our Stay-n-Play boarding service
For dogs, being comfortable in a crate is a life skill that is incredibly useful for them and their owners. If you have ever traveled with your dog or had the unfortunate experience of an overnight stay at the vet, knowing your dog is comfortable in a crate is immeasurably comforting.
Crate training can take just days or a few months, based on your dog’s age, temperament, and past experiences with crates. The two keys to successful crate training are to keep the experience positive and go slowly.
When your puppy is not in their crate, keep the door open and reward them every time they choose to enter, even if you didn’t ask them to enter it. When crating your puppy, give them a safe enrichment item (like a stuffed Kong) that will keep them busy and allow them to self-soothe while confined. Remember that crate training should take place in a series of small, slow steps that will help your puppy become more comfortable.
Central Bark® offers everything you need to help you care for your new puppy. Our Enrichment Day Care gives puppies all the socialization, exercise, mental stimulation, and rest they need for a lifetime of happiness with you and your family. We also offer expert training and classes so you and your puppy can learn and bond together.
Central Bark® Whole Dog Care
Our whole dog care approach offers a full range of fun and personalized products and services. To promote your dog’s physical, mental, and emotional health and happiness throughout their entire life.