Why Choose Central Bark?
Our best friends deserve the best care
There’s no bond like the one we share with our furry best friends. We love our dogs and want to enrich their lives as much as they enrich ours. That’s why families trust Central Bark®, where dogs get the love and care to help them be healthy, happy, and well-rounded. When you bring your dog to Central Bark Rochester, you’ll have peace of mind knowing they’re having a great day with their friends in a safe and loving environment.
Central Bark welcomes all. We’re fully committed to providing an environment where all people and dogs feel safe, valued, respected, accepted, and loved. We will never waiver from this stance and always promote unconditional love and acceptance. We embrace every person and every dog that comes through our door, regardless of race, religion, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, or breed. We will stand behind our promise to “Forever nurture, enrich, and inspire lives”.
The safety and well-being of our guests are our #1 priority. As dog parents ourselves, we take great pride in treating every dog as our own. And we are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for everyone that enters our facility. Read more
Whole Dog Care Mission & Philosophy
At Central Bark, we’re dog experts. Doggy day care is our specialty and nobody does it quite like us. Central Bark goes beyond a traditional doggy day care with our unique Whole Dog Care philosophy and enrichment focus. This personalized approach helps enrich your dog’s whole health and well-being throughout their entire life so you can enjoy a healthy, happy, and loving life together.
The heart of our whole dog care approach is our Enrichment Doggy Day Care program. We combine Central Bark’s industry-leading doggy day care expertise with the latest dog behavior science and positive training principles. Our mission is to enrich the lives of dogs and families in our communities. We give dogs fun, balanced days of play, exercise, socialization, learning, rest, and love. To help your dog be a healthy, happy, and well-rounded member of your family.
Central Bark offers exclusive options like:
- Flexible playgroups allow us to match your dog with the social atmosphere and play schedule they can enjoy and benefit from most. This helps give them a healthy balance of play, rest, and learning and creates a safer social environment with a better quality of play. And our lower dog-to-staff ratios offer more individual attention, education, and love.
- Group Play Skills help dogs practice important life skills like name recall, and behaviors like group sit and calmly going in and out of doors and gates. These activities are fun and rewarding for your dog and help improve behavior and impulse control, prevent overstimulation, and creates a safer social environment.
- Rest Period Enrichments help dogs relax and recharge in their own private space with calming interactive toys and healthy food pairings tailored to their preferences and diet. It promotes physical and mental relaxation which can help them achieve a healthy balance of play, learning, and rest. It can also help them become more comfortable in crates by building positive associations.
- One-on-One Enrichment Sessions give dogs the extra attention they love and the freedom to use their senses and safely explore their instincts through interactive toys, puzzles, and games. It’s fun and rewarding and exercise their bodies and minds and engage their senses. Add complexity with fitness and agility equipment.
- Training Tutor give dogs personalized one-on-one training during day care visits help your dog develop important skills and behaviors like name recall, sit, stay, down, wait, leave-it, door and gate control, and loose-leash walking. Excellent for your dog and easy for you! Your dog will come home tired and well-socialized, with the training and skills they need to be a well-behaved member of your family.
Central Bark is the epitome of Top Notch. From ownership to employees, their biggest focus and concern is the health and happiness of your dog. The Enrichment Day Care program helps your dog grow and improve everyday. Lola is a big fan of the treats and dog food options but most importantly, she loves her Packers jersey from Central Bark!
Amazing, friendly staff who go above and beyond for the dogs and their owners. Locally owned with Midwest service and hospitality
Bow wow everybody. My name is Petey and I have to tell you that I have the best time at Central Bark! I get so excited when mom tells me I get to go play I nearly break the glass door trying to get in. I’ve met a lot of cool dogs since coming here. They are all so friendly and some of the girls are quite the lookers, if you know what I mean...Woof! When I get home I’m so exhausted from play all I want is a cool drink, food ( of course), some playtime with my toys and then off to La La Land I go. I have to admit I’m mighty fond of all my handlers. They treat me really special...don’t tell my mom but I actually have a crush on a couple of them. If you are looking for a special place where your fur baby can romp and play with the very best of supervision and the most wonderful people ever then Central Bark is the place for you. Just tell them Petey sent you
Everything about Central Bark in Rochester is excellent. The staff are so welcoming and accommodating. Christine the groomer is simply fantastic and not only loves our pup, but is a skilled and careful groomer. Our pup needs special grooming to ensure she stays mat and tangle free. Christine is knowledgeable about her coat and always asks good questions. We love spa day!
My Poppy gets so excited when she knows she is going to Central Bark! Lenny and all his staff are great! I think they love her as much as I do!
Frequently Asked Questions
Central Bark® Whole Dog Care
Our whole dog care approach offers a full range of fun and personalized products and services. To promote your dog’s physical, mental, and emotional health and happiness throughout their entire life.