Looking for a delicious St. Patty’s Day treat both you and your canine companion can enjoy? Of course, for this special celebration any fun goodie should be green! This healthy smoothie is an easy to make treat that works great as a stand-alone treat in a dish, served fresh or frozen, and can also be mixed into your pup meals for the day as a fun topper.
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of cut strawberries (or 1 sliced and peeled apple without the seeds)
- 1 sliced banana
- ½ cup liquid (this can be water, plain yogurt, or coconut water—all dog-safe)
- Optionally, you can add 1 tablespoon of honey or peanut butter.
- Puree all washed, peeled, and sliced solids together in a blender
- Add in your choice of liquid (water, plain yogurt, or coconut water) and blend
- Add ice to your preference, starting with ¼ cup and adding more if desired
- Blend until smooth, then serve!