Pet Food Pantry at Central Bark Grayslake

Added on July 15, 2013

The Our House of Hope Pet Food Pantry now has it’s own space in our building (256 Commerce Drive, Suite A). Donations of cat and dog food (and cat litter) may be dropped off Monday – Friday 6:30am – 6:30pm at Central Bark.

Lake County IL residents may visit the Food Pantry on Saturdays from 9am – 12pm only. In order to receive donations, you will need to provide proof of low income (approval on a case-by-case basis), number/type of animals in the household and a drivers license or photo ID. We also need proof of rabies and spay/neuter.

Please contact Lisa at Our House of Hope at (773) 552-4673 for information on food pantry assistance.

Hear THE BARKTM about "Pet Food Pantry at Central Bark Grayslake"

  1. Beth Phillips
    August 30, 2015 at 10:53 pm

    I was wondering if I could donate some clumping cat litter, and if so when is it best to do this? I would take it to Save a Pet, but I believe they only want non-clumping, and I’m sure your pet owners could use it. Please let me know, thank you.

    1. grayslake
      September 1, 2016 at 9:24 am

      Beth, I am so sorry for the delay. I just saw your comment now. If you ever have extra cat litter to donate, we will take it! We are located at 256 Commerce Drive, Grayslake. Thank you!

  2. Carole Lamont-Moore
    April 6, 2016 at 2:17 pm

    I have been on workmans comp for three months now , not yet received $$ from department of labor. I have 2 cats and 2dogs. My daughter has 2 cats just started a job. We are looking to find food until I can get back to work by May. Do you have one time deals? Very desperate

    1. grayslake
      September 1, 2016 at 9:23 am

      Carole, my sincerest apologies for the delayed response. I did not see your comment until now. If you are still in need of food, the Lake County Pet Food Pantry is open on Saturdays from 9am – 12pm. We are located at 256 Commerce Drive, Grayslake. Please bring a copy of your ID to show proof of Lake County residence and your vaccinations. If you have any questions, please call us at (847) 548-2275. Thank you.

  3. Linda
    August 22, 2016 at 10:23 pm

    Hi. I was wondering if you knew of a vet that would see my cat for free. She is itchy and Full of scabs. No Sign of bugs. I am unemployed and looking for Work. There is no one to help me with vet bIlls. I love my daughter cat, Mickey Dearly

    1. grayslake
      September 1, 2016 at 9:27 am

      Hi Linda,

      I’m sorry I do not know of any vets that do free services. I would contact Lake County Animal Control at (847) 377-4700. They might know of someone. Good luck!


Add a Comment

(* = required)