Start Your Pup
on the Right Paw
Puppy Socialization – So Many Questions
Do you have a new puppy and are looking for puppy classes in the Fort Lauderdale area? Is this your first puppy ever, and are you feeling overwhelmed on how to begin training and socializing this young canine cutie? Are you hearing about the importance of puppy socialization but unsure what that all means or how even to begin? Is the price of classes holding you back from registering your fur baby to learn how to socialize with other puppies?
Well, take a deep breath because, at Central Bark® Fort Lauderdale, we have a scientific, safe, and fun approach to puppy socialization that will not only have your puppy’s tail wagging but have you smiling ear-to-ear as you see the positive effects upon your young wet-nosed lick-a-holic snuggle buggle.
3699 N Dixie Hwy,
Oakland Park, FL 33334Get Directions
Open Today 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Central Park Fort Lauderdale Puppy Hour – Free Weekly Classes!
Who doesn’t like Free? We know, silly question.
Our weekly Puppy Hour is FREE and has always been free for three reasons.
- One,because we want all puppy owners in our Fort Lauderdale community to feel welcome and supported during these understandably unnerving and unpredictable times when adding a new puppy into your family.
- Two, because Central Bark Fort Lauderdale takes our Whole Dog Care approach very seriously. And that approach aims to nurture and enrich your dog’s whole health and well-being – throughout his or her entire life.
- Three, we love dogs – all dogs! And we know how important to get your puppy off on the right paw with proper socialization and support.
Central Bark Fort Lauderdale’s FREE Puppy Hour is supervised puppy playtime and social hour with puppy socialization classes. Puppy Hour is roll-over and jump-up-and-down fun. It provides a critical opportunity for puppies to get socialization classes during their “sensitive period,” between 8 and 16 weeks of age. Socialization prepares your dog to enjoy interactions and be comfortable with other animals, people, places, and activities.
Socializing puppies is essential for their well-being and social development. In fact, most puppies who have had a positive socialization experience will become as resilient as adult dogs. Our Puppy Hour program helps your dog meet other dogs, explore different environments, and learn social cues to help him or her become a well-adjusted adult.
Puppy Socialization Helps You to Not Have “That” Dog
Growling or lunging at every dog and person you pass on the sidewalk. Nipping at young children who try to pet her. Shaking and cowering in the corner by herself when other people or animals are in the same room. Incessantly barking at all people or pets who enter your home.
No one wants “that” dog.
When you don’t take the time for the safe and proper socialization of your adorable puppy, she may end up having a deficit of healthy social interactions with other puppies; and this can cause and lead a puppy to reach maturity, feeling uncomfortable sharing space with or engaging with other dogs. And even worse, your dog could have inappropriate play behaviors that ultimately lead to social conflicts.
Puppy Classes & Environment – How It Works
At Central Bark, our mission is to nurture and enrich your dog’s life, and a great way to start your pup on the right paw is through puppy socialization classes!
We have classes every week. We invite you and your puppy to attend as many puppy classes as you would like until your pup reaches the age limit. Meet our staff, speak with our trainer and groomer, and check out our facility.
During this puppy program, your pup will:
- Enjoy off-leash, age-appropriate play with vaccinated puppies of similar ages.
- Be supervised by an experienced caregiver to ensure all play is safe and appropriate.
- Be introduced to new dogs, humans, toys, environments, and obstacles.
- Learn new and interesting obstacles to encourage age-appropriate socialization and exposure.
- Help your dog build comfort and confidence in unfamiliar settings.
- Positively affect your dog’s lifelong emotional development
- Expend your puppy’s excess energy.
- Begin to learn important group play and social skills.
- Establish a strong foundation for a healthy, happy, and socially appropriate dog.
Rules & Requirements:
- Puppies aged 8–16 weeks
- Maximum enrollment is 6 puppies, but it depends on the number of puppy parents in the room.
- Preregistration is a must.
- Proof of up-to-date Bordetella and DHPP vaccines
- Parents and children are welcome to participate
- Regular 6-foot flat leash (no retractable or flexi-leads in the lobby) and a quick-release collar. If your dog usually wears a harness, you’re welcome to bring that as well.
Call (954) 568-3647 or submit the form to reserve your spot!
You will also receive a FREE Central Bark Puppy Parent Handbook, containing helpful tips for raising your healthy, happy, well-rounded puppy.
Register for the Event