Why Choose Central Bark?
Our best friends deserve the best care
There’s no bond like the one we share with our furry best friends. We love our dogs and want to enrich their lives as much as they enrich ours. That’s why families trust Central Bark®, where dogs get the love and care to help them be healthy, happy, and well-rounded. When you bring your dog to Central Bark Charlotte-Matthews, you’ll have peace of mind knowing they’re having a great day with their friends in a safe and loving environment.
Central Bark welcomes all. We’re fully committed to providing an environment where all people and dogs feel safe, valued, respected, accepted, and loved. We will never waiver from this stance and always promote unconditional love and acceptance. We embrace every person and every dog that comes through our door, regardless of race, religion, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, or breed. We will stand behind our promise to “Forever nurture, enrich, and inspire lives”.
The safety and well-being of our guests are our #1 priority. As dog parents ourselves, we take great pride in treating every dog as our own. And we are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for everyone that enters our facility. Read our Day Care Guidelines
Whole Dog Care Mission & Philosophy
At Central Bark, we’re dog experts. Doggy day care is our specialty and nobody does it quite like us. Central Bark goes beyond a traditional doggy day care with our unique Whole Dog Care philosophy and enrichment focus. This personalized approach helps enrich your dog’s whole health and well-being throughout their entire life so you can enjoy a healthy, happy, and loving life together.
The heart of our whole dog care approach is our Enrichment Doggy Day Care program. We combine Central Bark’s industry-leading doggy day care expertise with the latest dog behavior science and positive training principles. Our mission is to enrich the lives of dogs and families in our communities. We give dogs fun, balanced days of play, exercise, socialization, learning, rest, and love. To help your dog be a healthy, happy, and well-rounded member of your family.
Central Bark offers exclusive options like:
- Flexible playgroups allow us to match your dog with the social atmosphere and play schedule they can enjoy and benefit from most. This helps give them a healthy balance of play, rest, and learning and creates a safer social environment with a better quality of play. And our lower dog-to-staff ratios offer more individual attention, education, and love.
- Group Play Skills help dogs practice important life skills like name recall, and behaviors like group sit and calmly going in and out of doors and gates. These activities are fun and rewarding for your dog and help improve behavior and impulse control, prevent overstimulation, and creates a safer social environment.
- Rest Period Enrichments help dogs relax and recharge in their own private space with calming interactive toys and healthy food pairings tailored to their preferences and diet. It promotes physical and mental relaxation which can help them achieve a healthy balance of play, learning, and rest. It can also help them become more comfortable in crates by building positive associations.
- One-on-One Enrichment Sessions give dogs the extra attention they love and the freedom to use their senses and safely explore their instincts through interactive toys, puzzles, and games. It’s fun and rewarding and exercise their bodies and minds and engage their senses. Add complexity with fitness and agility equipment.
- Training Tutor give dogs personalized one-on-one training during day care visits help your dog develop important skills and behaviors like name recall, sit, stay, down, wait, leave-it, door and gate control, and loose-leash walking. Excellent for your dog and easy for you! Your dog will come home tired and well-socialized, with the training and skills they need to be a well-behaved member of your family.
We had a great first day experience at Central Bark. From the "Welcome Grover" message board at check-in to the "report card" we received at check-out, we feel very fortunate to have found Central Bark for our mini-goldendoodle.
My dog, Mini, is learning her social skills and meeting new dogs at Central Bark. I was really impressed with the report card I received on her behavior. Jennifer and her staff have gone above and beyond to integrate Mini in her environment. I love this place.
We have used other places for our doggy needs in the past, but now that we've found Central Bark on Monroe, we'll be using them from now on!
The staff was so helpful and interested in making our dog, Bailey, comfortable and happy when we dropped her off. The owner, Jennifer, seemed hands-on with every dog, and Bailey really took to her. The other staff member we met was fantastic also. We could tell that we weren't "just another dog" and that Bailey would be getting personal attention. They also groomed Bailey while she was there, and they did a great job. Can't speak highly enough about the whole experience.
My dog absolutely loves going to Central Bark in Matthews/Charlotte. The staff there is amazing and their facility is always very clean. The owner is very engaged with the pet owners as well as the dogs that visit there. I will be a longtime client for sure. I am very happy that Central Bark decided to make it's home right down the road from my house!
We love Central Bark from the moment they opened! They are tentative to Boone's needs and do such a great job pairing dogs together to enjoy a full fun day with each other. We go there every week for daycare and have even used their boarding services AND grooming! Boone has finally found his favorite Charlotte/Matthews daycare.
Everyone needs to go to Central Bark! A little back story- I was leaving for vacation for 3 days and had to board my little dog. I was so nervous and spent 3 days researching, calling, and reading reviews of places around Charlotte until I luckily found Central Bark on google. I created an account and got a call from Jennifer where she listened to my wants and invited me to tour. I toured the following week and can't express how clean and well kept their new facility is. I immediately booked, and I'm so happy I did! While I was very nervous to leave my pup, the team at Central Bark was very understanding, friendly, and let me know he was in good hands. I emailed/called the entire trip and they were very responsive and friendly! My dog was sad to leave, but I can reassure we'll be back! Thank you Jennifer and team for being so awesome and taking such good care of Atticus. As someone who wants THE BEST for their dog- I highly recommend Central Bark for any daycare/ boarding needs!!!!!!
Central Bark is close to my home, BUT I didn’t choose them just because of location. Jennifer and team truly cares about the welfare of each animal and they present a nurturing environment...I have two elderly pups that still possess quite a bit of energy and have very different personalities (one is very human oriented and the other is yappy towards larger dogs). Both pups are so excited to come to doggy day camp and I would not hesitate to use them for other needs (overnight, vacations, grooming, etc). Central Bark has also groomed our pups and they always leave happy-which is a feat since they don’t love being groomed. Highly recommend this business and encourage everyone to check out this lovely business!
We LOVE central bark!! Our high energy aussie gets all the physical and mental stimulation he needs here. I appreciate how attentive the staff is with each dog and their communication is wonderful. I can't recommend CB enough!!
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Central Bark! Our Scottish Terrier has been there weekly since they opened. She literally runs toward the door and inside when we arrive there for "Fun Friday." Jennifer and staff operate a spotless, energetic environment where you can be assured your pup will be safe and have a blast with others. They take great care to group compatible breeds and personalities. They get a HIGH FIVE from our Paisley!
Frequently Asked Questions
Central Bark® Whole Dog Care
Our whole dog care approach offers a full range of fun and personalized products and services. To promote your dog’s physical, mental, and emotional health and happiness throughout their entire life.