Why a Pet-Related Business
Americans really love their pets. According to a national survey, 63% of pet owners say "I love you" at least once a day to their pets and 83% refer to themselves as their pet's mom and dad. Plus, check out these numbers!
- Americans spent an estimated $43.2 billion on their pets in 2008 with a forecast of $45.4 billion in 2009
- People are willing to spend on their pets today, because they fill a very important role in their lives
- Forecasts indicate that the growth will continue between 8 to 15% each year
- Wall Street analysts state that even during economic hard times, when pet owners are cutting back on household spending, they are still pampering "man's best friend"
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the number of "animal caretakers" is expected to grow faster than average: 22% between 2000 and 2010